Empregador: Schneider Electric
Localização: Luanda, Angola
Indústria: Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
Descrição da Vaga: Who are we and what do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive, and green. With a global presence and a commitment to growth, Schneider Electric is a world-class Global Fortune 500 leader in Electrical Distribution and Process Automation & Control providing comprehensive solutions that combine software, communication, and services.
Process Automation is a global business unit within Schneider-Electric building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes, and technologies. Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher value utilizing proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for Field service engineers with a desire to specialize in Process Automation & Control, working across both our engineering and service teams.
The role will be based in Angola but with travel and site work potentially taking up a large part of the role.
The successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of Process Automation and Control.
Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
• Work within projects to design, develop and test high-quality DCS and Triconex programs and interfaces.• Support ongoing and new projects and site work.• Conduct site surveys providing clear and concise reporting and updating of all installed bases.• Support and eventually lead site installations for remote executed projects.• Support the ongoing growth of Projects and Services within Angola by proactively supporting sales where appropriate, acting as the delivery focal point and being able to present delivery capabilities.• Provide remote support for FPSO opportunities executed in Nigeria as part of the project team to increase industry learning and sustain utilization.• An active member of the “24-hour telephone support” team covering Angola and eventually supporting multiple countries.• Set up and review requirements to develop efficient and effective solutions together with multi-disciplinary team members.• Analyse risks, solve problems, decompose bottlenecks, and generate recommendations for improvements.• Support internal and external customer queries for Industry Business.• Provide technical support and consult with customers to provide sound solutions and professional advice in Industry Business.• Build strong professional relationships with team members to create a collaborative, supportive environment to achieve optimal team performance and establish positive team morale.• Build strong professional relationships with customers (internal and external) to provide premium service to ensure customer satisfaction and Schneider Electric Brand reliability.• Effectively communicate with stakeholders (internal and external).• Listening and understanding constraints and turning them into improvement opportunities.• Comprehend and understand the Schneider Electric Industry products to execute projects and to support internal & external customers in the following areas:
Engineering tasks and processes.
• Product Licenses.• Product and application upgrades.• Product and application support.• Sales support.• Industry solutions.• Grasp and understand enterprise solutions.• Focused on application and product improvement.• Keep up to date with product improvement and technology offers.• Consult clients on improvement initiatives and be value-driven
We are looking for engineers who strive to build a career in Process Automation & Control and have the following:
• University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation/Controls, or other Computer Science related degree.• Minimum of 5 years experience in the Engineering Field.• Proven technical ability and experience on PLC/and or DCS/or SCADA.• Customer Focused to offer solutions and enhance customer satisfaction.• Offshore O&G experience• TuV certification or other safety qualifications.• Foxboro/Triconex/Modicon experience.• Experience in software and hardware design for PLC/and or DCS systems.• Must be open to travel, potentially across East and West Africa and offshore work as and when needed.
• Keen interest in computer systems and programming.• Has a passion for innovation and creativity?• Excellent and effective communication skills in both English and Portuguese.• Excellent team player able to both influence and collaborate.• Open and supportive personality with a genuine inquisitive nature.• Willingness to work both nationally and internationally as and when needed.• Customer First – always willing to put customers and others first.• Embrace Different – comfortable dealing with different cultures and embracing change.• Dare to Disrupt – not afraid to do things differently and challenge the status quo.• Learn Every Day – eagerness to learn new skills (fast).• Act like Owners – take ownership of tasks and not rely on others to drive you.
What do we offer in this specific role?
• Buddy/mentor – who will help you to smoothly find yourself in our company.• Specialized training tailored to your needs/experience and career goals.• Relaxed, fun, and engaging environment – we’re not just about business: volunteering, extra projects, integration events.• Exposure to a range of Schneider – Electric Process Automation technologies and products.• Experience in working on some of Schneider- Electric’s largest client sites in Africa.• Growth opportunities to develop technical and non-technical skills.